1) 7th & 8th grade students will serve as acolytes and Asst. Ministers as scheduled. 6th graders will serve acolytes as scheduled. Check your newsletters and emails.
2) Regular Worship attendance expected for all students and Parents/Guardians. Adults your habits are the model the youth follow.
3) Students will attend every Weds. night class. 4 Parents/Guardians will attend each class in rotation to help lead small group discussion and help monitor behavior.
4) Parents will also help prep and serve and clean up for 1 meal during the fall.
Church will provide the ingredients.
5) 9 Service Points total must be completed during Fall and Spring. This includes service done at church and in the community. Chores done for family do not count. Also 1 point will be earned by a Parent/Guardian helping chaperone the Homecoming
Dance. This fundraiser is required for a student to get money for camp. 6th graders need not complete other service points. Service hours must be reported on Sermon Note sheet.
6) Sermon Notes - 6 due from all 6th - 8th graders between August 25th & December 29th. Paper copies will always be available in the sacristy. (Sermon notes can be written, texted to Pastor Bell, or completed through the St. John App.) Any sermon notes not completed in Fall will be added to Spring total. Those who fail to do all required sermon notes will not be confirmed.
7) YOU must report all sermon notes or service points. If you don’t, I can’t count
them. I am not all knowing.
8) All Jr. High Students are required to help with Meals on Wheels Saturday Feb. 15th. This is part of St. John serving the community. This is a 6-month notice, write it down and please don’t text me the week before with excuses.
9) Each student must attend one week of camp, or a Jr. High weekend retreat at Lutherhill. This may happen either of the summers between their 6th & 8th grade years or after their 8th grade year. The church covers approximately half the cost.
10) All 8th grade confirmation students will complete a 2 page, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, double-spaced with 1” margins, statement of faith. The statement will lead off with a biblical verse selected by the student and will reflect on faith
forming questions. This statement is due before Confirmation Sunday. Don’t worry about it for now.
11) All 6th graders will complete a faith statement in the Fall. This is due by
Thanksgiving weekend. The statement will lead off with a biblical verse selected by the student with the help of parent/guardian. They will answer the questions: a.) Who helped form the student’s faith? Who influenced them? b.) How had their faith shaped and affected their life till now? c.) How do they see their faith informing their life in the future, including how it will affect their work life, their family life and how they will participate in their community?
12) Confirmation Sunday is May 3, 2020.