The Games Day Group meets every 2nd and 4th Tuesday in our Fellowship Hall for dominos and card games from 1pm-5pm. Everyone is welcome to join! This group is not just for St. John Members, we have folks from all over that stop by and enjoy an afternoon of fellowship and fun.
We are now offering Holy Communion on the 2nd Tuesday of each month during Games Day. Join us at the table where all are welcome.
Care and Share Bible Study Group provides an opportunity for weekly Bible study from September through May. The group does not meet Thanksgiving week or Holy Week and it also takes a short break for Christmas. The group is open to both women and men and meets for approximately one hour on Wednesday mornings here at St. John in the adult Sunday School classroom beginning at 9:30.
Brief History of the Group and Other Information About the Group
This group formed in the 1990’s when a small group of ladies who belonged to one of the circles
at St. John wanted to meet for Bible study more often than once a month. From a group of six to eight
weekly attendees the group now has over forty members.
- There are no requirements to join the group. Anyone interested should simply come to the adult Sunday School classroom in the Faith Center on Wednesdays shortly before 9:30 a.m. during the months of September through May. (NOTE: The class does not meet the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the Wednesday before Easter, and the class also takes a break at Christmas.)
- Group members need to bring their Bibles and are asked to purchase any study guides or special materials that the group will be using.
- The leader guides the group through the lesson and attempts to engage members in meaningful sharing. Participation is voluntary. Those who wish to share may do so; those who simply want to listen may do that.
- A card ministry is one of the group’s projects. Group members share prayer concerns and usually ask for cards to be sent to those persons. These cards are signed by the group members in attendance that day. Birthday and Christmas cards are also sent to St. John members who are nursing home residents, shut-ins, elderly members who are still active or others who are not St. John members who are suggested by members of the group.
- Group members also assemble and clean the candles and holders used for Christmas Eve services and disassemble and store the candles after the Christmas Eve services.
- Group members prepare and deliver meals at least once each year for Meals on Wheels.
The members of the Bereavement Committee furnish a light meal of sandwiches and dessert for grieving families who have lost a loved one. They work on a rotation basis and are always looking for more people to volunteer for this caring ministry. Contact the church office if you are interested in helping us provide this comfort and care to our neighbors, friends, and families.
REFIT® is a life-changing group fitness experience that rocks your body, heart, and soul with powerful moves and positive music, to inspire you from the inside out.
For current class schedule/information, contact Tracye Lassus at 281 451 4884.