Click on the membership forms for more information.
New Member Classes are offered several times throughout the year. If you would like to learn more about St. John Lutheran Church or are ready to make St. John your new church home, please fill out the New Membership Form and the Pastor will contact with more information on the next New Membership Class and answer any questions you may have about becoming a member. We look forward to getting to know you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the church office at 979-865-2081 or email sjlc@stjohn-bellville.
You can print and fill out the new member information form before the New Members Meeting or drop it by the church office by clicking HERE.
Please fill out form with the following information. Once the form has been submitted, the Pastor will reach out to you to discuss the details of the service and the sacraments of baptism at St. John.
Thank you for registering for Confirmation! Here are some basics:
Confirmation is a 2-year program. The two years alternate between being a year focused on the Bible and a year focused on our Lutheran Heritage. 2023-2024 will be a Bible year, and next year will be the Luther year.
Students generally enter the program at the beginning of their 7th grade year and get confirmed in the Spring of their 8th grade year.
We will, of course, welcome new families and students into the program at any time, as our congregation grows.
Confirmation students will participate in classes on Wednesday nights during the school year.
Classes begin with a shared meal at 5:45 p.m. and we end promptly at 7:00 p.m.
Every confirmation student is expected to attend Bible Camp at least once during the confirmation journey. This intensive week of fun and faith development is so important to our students. Our Confirmation-age students go to Camp Chrysalis Lutheran Bible Camp in Kerrville, TX.
During the school year each confirmation student will complete the following:
- 16 sermon notes through the Church App (Available on Apple Store or Google Play)
- Prepare a "My Faith in 100 Words" to share on Confirmation Sunday
- Participate in St. John youth activities
- Regularly worship with our congregation and assist with worship (Acolyte/Camera/Computer/Reader).
In addition to Confirmation, Sunday School is offered each Sunday with Bible study and service activities.
This ministry is completed in COLLABORATION with the family.
Sunday, August 20 11:30 AM-1 PM- Confirmation Parent/Student Meeting
Wednesday, August 30 6PM-7PM- First Day of Confirmation Classes
No Wednesday Class from Thanksgiving 11/22/2023-1/3/2024
No Classes Ash Wednesday 2/14/2023- Easter 03/31/2023
Confirmation Sunday April 28, 2024
Scholarship Eligibility (all of the below)
- Applicant must be an active member of St. John Lutheran Church of Bellville for at least one year prior to being awarded the scholarship.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior, or a current college/university/trade school student.
- Applicant must submit the completed application and required supporting documents to St. John Lutheran Church Bellville by APRIL 15, 2024.
- Supporting documents include a current letter of recommendation by a non-family member and your most recent transcript. Applications submitted without supporting documentation are not eligible for a scholarship.
Please direct any questions to Laurie Fuchs 281-757-5826, or Cheryl Pritchett 979-877-8214